Re: Multiple column sorting with a decode

From: <voidhack_at_gmail.com>
Date: 24 Nov 2005 13:07:13 -0800

Thank you for your answer.
You are right, I did not express myself correctly.

In my example I used column numbers to write the question more quickly, but even using column names, it still has the exact same result.

Column 1 is not a constant, I simply used it as an example. What I am trying to do is provide the user excuting the report a choice on the multiple ordering. If :param =1 for example, then the sorting will be on 3 of the columns and if param = 2 on 4 (different) columns (for example).

What might work is this: ORDER BY DECODE(...), DECODE(...), DECODE(...) providing I can fill the unused ones with something that does not change the result.

Once again, thanks for your answer. Received on Thu Nov 24 2005 - 15:07:13 CST