Oracle costs and requirements

From: Matt Bailey <mattb947_at_hotmail.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 19:22:41 GMT

Hi,

I risk sounding like an idiot here, but I'm a database newbie and I don't know the first thing about Oracle - not a jot!

I'm currently doing a University assignment that requires me to cost out an Oracle database for a company, along with all its trimmings, but I've been unable to find any information on the web.

It's a small company and its data requirements are very small. I'm wondering if anyone here can help me out with my estimation. I need to know:

  1. What's required for an Oracle database?

So far I'm assuming:

  A server (any particular kind?)
  The Oracle 10g software
  An Oracle license (don't have a clue about this)

but is there anything else?

B. How much does all this stuff cost?

I hope someone's got some advice, cause I'm a bit clueless at the minute. Cheers,

Matt Received on Thu Nov 24 2005 - 13:22:41 CST