swap/memory ratio

From: Papa Piquillo <oraclejva_at_yahoo.es>
Date: 24 Nov 2005 02:27:48 -0800

I am trying to estimate the amount of swap/memory i have to use in my hp-ux box running several oracle instances. I think that this issue is very related to the number of concurrent users and the activity of them in the database. Having in count the size of the sga's and the value of the pga_agregate_target i can estimate how much virtual memory i am going to need.
If virtual memory = ram + swap --> which is lowest amount of ram i have

to use in a way that paging doesn't afect the performance. Received on Thu Nov 24 2005 - 04:27:48 CST