How to insert a timestamp in a record?

From: Ramon F Herrera <ramon_at_conexus.net>
Date: 22 Nov 2005 17:27:42 -0800

My OCI program contains an update statement. Something like:

    UPDATE mytable SET name = :this, id = :that, timestamp = $TODAY

in Unix parlance, it would be like this:

    UPDATE mytable SET name = :this, id = :that, timestamp = `date`

So, how can I perform that timestamping operation in Oracle SQL?

TIA, -Ramon F Herrera Received on Tue Nov 22 2005 - 19:27:42 CST