Rounding problems

From: Mike C <michaeljc70_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 22 Nov 2005 14:53:11 -0800

I am doing a minus query to compare data in a data conversion. The problem is there are some rounding discrepancies and I can't seem to account for them in my minus query. For example, I am already rounding to the nearest $5, but am still having a problem:

                             SOURCE          TARGET
Original Value      54.99                55.00
Rounded to $5     55                     60.00

Adding a penny won't work because that will just throw other rows off.

Any ideas? I am willing to accept $5 or $10 off and almost all mismatches are off by a penny or 2. Received on Tue Nov 22 2005 - 16:53:11 CST