Nested Table not working correctly.

From: Hitman_in_Wis <brett.birschbach_at_cellcom.com>
Date: 21 Nov 2005 08:34:29 -0800

Apparently I am missing a step in the process of working with nested tables, so I am wondering if anyone can help me out. All examples I look at look the same as mine, so Im not sure what the problem is. Here is the setup:

CREATE OR REPLACE TYPE rpc_feat_rt AS OBJECT(

   union_ind NUMBER( 1 ),
   {the rest of the vars}
);
/

CREATE OR REPLACE TYPE rpc_feat_tt IS TABLE OF rpc_feat_rt;
/

CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE my_new_procedure IS
  my_nt rpc_feat_tt := rpc_feat_tt( ); BEGIN
  my_nt.EXTEND( 1 );
  my_nt( my_nt.LAST ).union_ind := 0;
END; When i run this code, I get:
Select error: ORA-06530: Reference to uninitialized composite

The funny thing is, it seems that the nested table is indeed initialized, because if i do a ll_row := my_nt.last, ll_row = 1, so the nested table was successfully extended. It appears I am doing something wrong when it comes to assigning values.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
-Brett Birschbach Received on Mon Nov 21 2005 - 10:34:29 CST