Re: Database Fails to Open after Recover TableSpace - No Backups!

From: <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 18 Nov 2005 16:48:38 -0800

>ORA-01113: file 1 needs media recovery
>ORA-01110: data file 1: 'E:\ORACLE\PRG\SIEBELDATA1\SYSTEM.DATA1'
>SVRMGR>

>I have NO recent enough cold backups.
>My redo logs go back to May but when I try to recover the SYSTEM.DATA1
>file it starts asking for log files way back from January 24, 2005.

Unfortunately, you fell into a common trap - Oracle says file 1, when the real problem was file 15 - it's not entirely wrong, it's just misleading in that it really should be telling you to restore file 15.

You probably should upgrade and practice recovery.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/051117/sfth103.html?.v=16