Re: Oracle APPS 10.7SC password

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 11:08:56 -0800

djlguy wrote:
> How can I validate an Oracle APPS password, version 10.7SC?
> I am writing a custom application, and want to have the user provide the
> same login credentials that they would if logging into Oracle APPS, then I
> want to verify that they are correct.
> I'm not interested in decrypting the stored password. I am interested in
> encrypting the user entered password, and comparing it to the password
> stored in the FND_USER table.

This screams of a security violation and I, for one, refuse to help you.

If you want to know whether a password works ... try logging on with it. SELECT COUNT(*) from some table and return a BOOLEAN. You have no need I can think of to have access to encrypted anything.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org