Re: re:ISQL*PLUS

From: HansF <News.Hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 14:10:18 GMT

On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 02:11:40 -0600, y2jan wrote:

> im a newbie on this oracle isql*plus thing. how can I know what my
> hostname is? I have installed the necessary files to run oracle on my
> pc. I want to access and use it now on my web browser (IE 6.0) but it
> always displays the "cannot find server page". i even tried running
> http://localhost/isqlplus but its still displays the same thing. can
> someone help me? thanx in advance!

  1. You could always read the SQL*Plus Usr Guide and Reference Manual, Chapter 3 - Configuration, for the setup instructions. <g>
  2. In 10g, the string is http://{host}:5560/isqlplus (5560 is the port listed in $ORACLE_HOME/install/portlist.ini)
  3. The iSQLPLUS listener must be started before using it. In 10g, use the command line 'isqlplusctl start' and read the startup messages.
--
Hans Forbrich
mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com