InStr and Length Problem, ora-01460

From: Ashley Morgan <amorgan_at_onet.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 23:20:45 -0000

I wonder if anybody can help. I have a where clause which looks for a string
pattern e.g.

Select * from Table where Instr(String1,string2) > 0

 When String1 is less than 4000 characters the query works, when this is  increased to 6000 characters, I get the error message "ORA-01460:  unimplemented or unreasonable conversion requested". I have checked the reference data and it says that a sting up 32767 charcaters can be handled in Pl/SQL.

 Can somebody please explain why this is happening and how I can resolve it
?

 Thanks in Advance.

I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users. It has removed 390 spam emails to date.
Paying users do not have this message in their emails. Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now! Received on Mon Nov 14 2005 - 17:20:45 CST