problemwith access on standard DB after installation (Oracle 10g)

From: Daniel Wetzler <danielwetzler_at_appleinfo.de>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 11:06:35 +0100

Dear Oracle users,

I'm new to Oracleso my questaion could be very stupid.

I installed Oracle 10g on a windows 2000 mashine andwould like to access the standard database usind the Enterprise manager : http://mycomputer:5500/em

If I try that I get a screen on my browser telling me, that the status of my database is not accessible and that I shouuld start it.

If I start itand try to access it afterwards I get also the error that it is not accessible and the Enterprise manager asks me to shut it down.

I fear that some kind of service is not running onmy mashine. Does anyone know what could be wrong ?

The installation was performedwithout any problem only ine time I had to repeat the startup of a service called "OR" during the installtion.

Any hints ?

Best regards and thanks in advance,

Daniel Wetzler Received on Mon Nov 14 2005 - 04:06:35 CST