Re: Trace files for specific errors

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 19:22:26 +0100

On 11 Nov 2005 04:04:34 -0800, "Tarby777" <nick_williamson_at_mentorg.com> wrote:

>PS: I've read on the 'net that dedicated and shared servers produce
>their trace files in different folders - I'm checking every folder
>under C:\oracle for *.trc. The DB is running shared servers. I've also
>read that the ALTER SYSTEM only affect sessions that log on after the
>command is issued - I've tried that too...

Not quite.
With shared servers there is no guarantee your statements are served by the same server. So there is no guarantee they end up in one trace file. The trace file though always has S000<n> in them, and end up in the back ground dump dest directory (from memory).

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA