Re: Trace files for specific errors

From: Tarby777 <nick_williamson_at_mentorg.com>
Date: 11 Nov 2005 03:51:49 -0800

Thanks Sybrand,

I'm testing the ALTER SYSTEM and INIT.ORA approaches, and neither of them are producing a trace file. I'm looking for .TRC files in user_dump_dest.

First, in SQLplus Worksheet, I tried

ALTER system SET EVENTS '1722 trace name errorstack level 3'

and executed an INSERT that tries to put a character value into a numeric column, and generates ORA-01722 as a result. When this didn't produce a trace file, I added

event='1722 trace name errorstack level 3'

to my INIT.ORA, bounced the database and tried the INSERT again - still no trace file. There are no other events in the INIT.ORA. I haven't set tracefile_identifier; it is blank.

Do I need to enable anything else to get this working? Although I mentioned 9iR2 (which is what my customer has) in my original post, I'm testing this on 9iR1...

TIA
Nick Received on Fri Nov 11 2005 - 05:51:49 CST