Re: Looking for a SQL Function

From: HansF <News.Hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 14:55:06 GMT

> worthwhile for me. But I would still be curious what you think why they
> need that personal info (it's not just email address.)

A polite request of 'something for something'? Or possibly 'the beginnings of an evil big brother, monitoring your every move?' Let's see ...

Name - on the 'personalized' page. Perhaps an attempt to make the user feel somewhat at ease. And make things relevant, should you ask to be contacted.

Company - is this perhaps a new business opportunity? Or is this related to an existing Oracle customer?

Postition, title - if you want to be contacted, how should they address you? How can they show the proper respect of your time by bringing only relevant people? (Assuming, of course, you didn't simply choose 'other')

Contact information - should you want to be contacted, is mail, phone or email your preference?

And a specific set of check boxes asking whether you want additional information, or specifically want them to stay away ...

Interestingly, they make it possible to edit that information. SO a registrant could enter 'X' in all fields (except phone number, where '555-555-1212' is required) and change it later, if & when they became comfortable that Oracle isn't out to get them ...

--
Hans Forbrich
mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com