How do I script object creation?

From: Weasel <julius.cooper_at_gmail.com>
Date: 7 Nov 2005 12:43:07 -0800

Hello all,

I have a frustrating problem: how do I replicate the effects of SQLserver's "Generate SQL script" function in Oracle?

For those unfamiliar with the functionality, you can designate any objects, across any schema, and SQLserver will automatically generate all DDL for creating the object (in the case of tables and indexes, they will be created as empty objects).

I know how to create dynamic sql, but I'm looking for a mostly-automated means to do the same thing.

I've been playing with the Change Management pack in OEM, and it seems that if I create a baseline, that will get me 90% of the way to re-creating objects (just have to clean up some comments, etc). Or, I can use the Synchronization Wizard (after having created my baseline) to put 2 dbs in sync. But it seems to be a very closely-guarded secret how to do this, as the baseline file seems to be stored in the DB itself, and not externally.

Any advice you can give me what be vastly appreciated.

Regards,
Julius Received on Mon Nov 07 2005 - 14:43:07 CST