Help - Deferred transactions headache!

From: Weasel <julius.cooper_at_gmail.com>
Date: 4 Nov 2005 13:03:55 -0800

Hello all,

I have two Oracle 9.2 databases, A (master def site) and B (master site) in my development environment.

I have configured them so that transactions get pushed once every five minutes, and things seem to be running properly.

However, in my testing, I found that if A goes offline, and B enqueues transactions to it, those deferred transactions will NOT automatically propagate when A returns. (Of course, this reverse is true, as well--if A enqueues transactions to B, they do not propagate when B comes back.)

Here are my scheduled push commands:

--Propagate from site B to site A every 5 minutes
begin
dbms_defer_sys.schedule_push (
destination => 'A.my.com',
interval => 'sysdate + 5/1440',
next_date => sysdate);
end;

--Propagate from site A to site B every 5 minutes
begin
dbms_defer_sys.schedule_push (
destination => 'B.my.com',
interval => 'sysdate + 5/1440',
next_date => sysdate);
end;

Of course, I can always use Enterprise Manager (or use dbms_defer_sys.push) to manually propagate--but the objective is to deliver a turnkey solution: if a database goes offline, then comes back, all changes will be applied to it, just as to any other database in the replication group.

Thanks in advance for your kind assistance.

Regards,

Julius Cooper
Oracle DBA Received on Fri Nov 04 2005 - 15:03:55 CST