Re: Oracle 8.0.5

From: Turkbear <john.g_at_dot.spamfree.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2005 12:37:51 -0600

"puishor" <puishor_at_gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi!
>
>Am absolutely newbie to databases, I got some tutorials for Oracle,from
>our school site.
>I have Oracle 8.0.5 kit ( April 1998 release ), I get it quiet hard
>because I have a poor connection to Internet, and have just a few
>friends which knows something about database.
>Now the questions:
> I installed everything from the Oracle CD,there are lot of
>applications, but in every app I try to enter, I get a window asking me
>for a User+Password information !!!!
>Even in that poor SQL*Plus... the same story.
>Did it try to login to server ?
>I don't want that, I just want to login and create a database , some
>tables etc
>I friend of mine said that user : "scott" & passwd : "tiger" , would
>help, but
>that just don't work :((((
>
>Every suggestion is welcome.

It is a very hard system to learn from scratch, without actual classroom instruction..

Reread the docs about installing and creating a initial database instance..( Using the database creation utility - should have run right after the software install)..

( Note, you have a very,very old and unsupported version - try and find some way to get at least the 9.2 version..see if www.oracle.com has a version that is easier to download, or perhaps a place to purchase a CD version of the new XE - Oracle Express)) Received on Fri Nov 04 2005 - 12:37:51 CST