Oracle 8.0.5

From: puishor <puishor_at_gmail.com>
Date: 4 Nov 2005 10:11:03 -0800

Hi!

Am absolutely newbie to databases, I got some tutorials for Oracle,from our school site.
I have Oracle 8.0.5 kit ( April 1998 release ), I get it quiet hard because I have a poor connection to Internet, and have just a few friends which knows something about database. Now the questions:

   I installed everything from the Oracle CD,there are lot of applications, but in every app I try to enter, I get a window asking me for a User+Password information !!!!
Even in that poor SQL*Plus... the same story. Did it try to login to server ?
I don't want that, I just want to login and create a database , some tables etc
I friend of mine said that user : "scott" & passwd : "tiger" , would help, but
that just don't work :((((

Every suggestion is welcome. Received on Fri Nov 04 2005 - 12:11:03 CST