Oracle scripting

From: David Nichols <david_nichols_at_users.sourceforge.net>
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 20:19:29 +0100

Hi there,

If anyone's interested, I've just released a new scripting language with Oracle integration - makes it really easy to manipulate data from Oracle databases.

the language is called qore and has been released under an LGPL license... http://qore.sourceforge.net
http://sourceforge.net/projects/qore

The language is somewhat superficially similar to perl, but has has better object-oriented features, a better threading model, easier to use data structures, and must tighter database integration than, for example, perl DBI (IMHO). It's fairly new so it's also obviously not as string as perl in other areas.

It's also got XML integration, TIBCO AE integration, mysql integration, features easy date arithmetic, regular expression support, national character set support, embedded logic support (it's possible to write self-modifying programs using the Program class, etc) and much more.

Basically one strength of the language is the ease which the programmer can serialize and deserialize query data, XML data, TIBCO AE messages, etc to and from Qore data structures.

Anyway I would be happy to hear from anyone who tries it out...

thanks,
David Received on Thu Nov 03 2005 - 13:19:29 CST