Re: how do I calculate free space in schema

From: HansF <News.Hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 16:56:18 GMT

On Thu, 03 Nov 2005 08:46:34 -0800, simon wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> hoping for some help....
>
> How would I find out using sql the size of schemas in my db and also
> calculate the free space in each schema...many thanks.

Are you perhaps mixing concepts? Some interpretations of your question:

The first thought is that your schema has a quota on various tablespaces, and you want to determine how much of that quota has been used, iow how far under quota you are.

Or, perhaps you are really simply interested in how much space has been used in the various tablespaces, to be able to determine what space is left.

Then there are the questions: Do you need to include the undo and temp segments in the calculation? How about the supporting segments like indexes - are you referring to data only?

Bottom line is:
*What are you trying to accomplish?* *Why is this a concern?* _There may be hundreds of correct answers, but only one is relevant._

Also ... Oracle version and operating system info would be appreciated.

--
Hans Forbrich
mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com