Re: ORA-12705 when connecting with 10gR2 JDBC driver

From: Laurenz Albe <invite_at_spam.to.invalid>
Date: 03 Nov 2005 11:05:50 GMT

Thomas Kellerer <WVIJEVPANEHT_at_spammotel.com> wrote:
> when I try to connect to an Oracle 9.2 database using the Oracle 10g R1
> JDBC thin driver, everything is working fine, but when I use the Oracle
> 10g R2 (thin) driver I get the following error:
>
> ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 1
> ORA-12705: invalid or unknown NLS parameter value specified
>
> Any ideas why the connection does not work with the R2 driver?
>
> I do have an Oracle 9.2 client installed on my computer (WinXP), but the
> thin driver should not use any of the Oracle client software (or
> registry settings), right?

I am not certain about the registry settings, but environment variables will definitly be honoured by Instant Client.

If that is not the problem, please tell us at what point exactly you encounter the problem. When you connect to the database? Which JDBC statement causes the error message?

Yours,
Laurenz Albe Received on Thu Nov 03 2005 - 05:05:50 CST