Re: looking for Oracle Database 10g Express Edition win32 release

From: HansF <News.Hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 14:29:23 GMT

On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 14:47:53 +0100, Martin Schuhmacher amused us by writing:

> Hi NG,
>
> some days ago, oracle published "Database 10g Express Edition" for win32.
> By now, it slightly disappeard from the oracle website. Does anyone know
> a source, maybe a mirror where to get this windows version ? (I have the linux
> version already, but this project requires windows).

Ya, I noticed that too.

Given that Express Edition is only beta, and you state you have a project, you might want to get started on a production version. According to prelim info, XE keeps the same APIs - so it might be sufficient to just avoid using stuff like Oracle Text and Oracle Intermedia.

As a reminder, the Enterprise, Standard [One] and Personal Edition of the database are free for development so you might be able to hold off 'till XE is production.

--
Hans Forbrich
mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com