Re: Undo retention and tablespace size

From: Keysan <dont_at_mailme.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 02:55:13 +0200

"HansF" <News.Hans_at_telus.net> wrote message news:pan.2005.10.27.00.35.44.191178_at_telus.net...

> Did you use the 'formula' or Enterprise Manager's guess?
Someone told me and now i realize that this someone was clearly passing me the Enterprise manager's guess...

> Why is this a concern?

because i tried using this app of mine and undotbs went up to ~10GB with autoextend option on. Customer wants me to use the same app and mailed me the .ora with the 3 hours default parameter but with the aforementioned undersized undotbs.

I'm not a db guru so i must to be sure before stating this is a wrong setup EVEN without using a "moderately busy DB" like you said. Received on Wed Oct 26 2005 - 19:55:13 CDT