VB, Oracle, Asynchronous execution of procedures

From: Chris L. <diversos_at_uol.com.ar>
Date: 26 Oct 2005 11:20:27 -0700

How could I launch a package/procedure from VB and avoid the client-side wait for the procedure to finish?

I've tried setting up an insertion trigger on a dummy table, then invoking the procedure from the trigger (the trigger has the "pragma autonomous_transaction")

No success so far. VB inserts the record, the trigger starts the procedure, but VB waits for the procedure to finish despite the pragma. How could I solve this?

Thanks in advance
CAL Received on Wed Oct 26 2005 - 13:20:27 CDT