Re: Numeric precision conversion : truncation instead of rounding

From: morsi <morsi_tn_at_yahoo.fr>
Date: 26 Oct 2005 01:33:12 -0700

I am convinced that the behavior of Oracle is the good. But in the life, all is not so beautiful. Sybase was imposed since years by the customers and our application followed and adapted with its nonsenses. Now, we want to use both but must have exactly the same results. By pragmatism, we should not touch existing aplication which satisfies already our customers. It is necessary to parameterize Oracle of way similar to Sybase (by spending less because business is business). Nobody can imagine the complexity of converting sybase to oracle without practising it. 1000 man-days is nothing compared to the 100 000 tables, views, requests, procedures and triggers ! Received on Wed Oct 26 2005 - 03:33:12 CDT