Re: Why does a comment output a "doc>" ?

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 25 Oct 2005 06:31:11 -0700

Nick, I cannot answer exactly what is going on but I think you can avoid the problem by using "--" on each line instead of the old fashioned /* */ begin end comment parameters. Seeing a whole section of code that starts with a "--" makes it obvious that the code is commented out especially if the code includes comments in the old format to begin with.

DOC is an old SQLPlus method of entering comments much like REM.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Tue Oct 25 2005 - 08:31:11 CDT