Re: Different Listener

From: HansF <News.Hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 11:30:06 GMT

On Tue, 25 Oct 2005 11:14:14 +0000, Juan Carlos interested us by writing:

> Hi all.
>
> I have a oracle 9.i database in an Aix machine.
> ¿can I have a listener in this machine, and other listener in a NT
> machine? ¿how can I make it?

Yes. You generally want a listener on each machine that includes a database.

The listener software should have been installed when you installed the database software. At command line on AIX maachine, try using 'lsnrctl start' to verify. If that works you can use the netmgr to configure. Read the documentation on how to configure.

--
Hans Forbrich
mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com