Re: Problems with protocol NMP in Linux + Oracle 10g

From: HansF <News.Hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 21:52:59 GMT

On Thu, 20 Oct 2005 10:18:46 -0700, _JOMAC_ interested us by writing:

> Hello:
>
> I have installed a server "Red Hat White Box 4", also I have
> installed "Oracle 10g R2 for Linux".
>
> Using "Oracle Net Manager" we added protocol NMP but at the time of
> executing: "lsnrctl start" appears the following message:
>
> TNS-01150: The address of the specified to listener name is incorrect
> TNS-01153: Failed to process string: (DESCRIPTION= (ADDRESS=
> (PROTOCOL=NMP) (SERVER=oralnx) (PIPE=ORAINEI)))

Why are you attempting to use the Named Pipe protocol?

I would expect that your Linux machine is connected to the network and you want a connection between the client and the database server using TCP/IP (protocol TCP).

Please consider purchasing the O'Reilly book 'Oracle Essentials' (found at http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/oressentials3/) to help you understand the environment, and consder reading the http://www.puschitz.com site to underrstand the specific configuration.

In addition, all the documentation is free online at http://docs.oracle.com

--
Hans Forbrich
mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com