Re: doubt on order of table scan

From: Robert Klemme <bob.news_at_gmx.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 11:01:52 +0200

DA Morgan wrote:
> Sreelal wrote:
>> it was an interview question to my friend for a DBA position.
>> thanx
>
> Stupid question totally irrelevant to any possible job. Your
> "friend" would be happier with a different job working with
> different people.

I don't think this question was so stupid altogether. If they wanted to know whether the applicant's idea of database tables and query engine behavior is naive this seems quite a good question to catch that. We can argue about whether it's a fair question but I don't think it's stupid or irrelevant.

Kind regards

    robert Received on Mon Oct 17 2005 - 04:01:52 CDT