Re: doubt on order of table scan

From: News <news_connection_at_yahoo.fr>
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 11:35:39 +0200

"DA Morgan" <damorgan_at_psoug.org> wrote in message news:1129418334.65547_at_yasure...
>> In Oracle NULL values are at end of result set
>
> SQL> SELECT * FROM t;
>
> PID COL
> ---------- ---
> 1 ABC
> 2
> 3 DEF
May be I have badly expressed myself but this is what I meant. If there's no index so the data is scanned according to the order in which data are physically stored in blocks (page is sybase terminology equivalent to block so sorry). But assuming it's scan using an index on col

SQL> SELECT * FROM t order by col;

       PID COL

         1 ABC
         3 DEF
         2

null values are at the end ;) Received on Sun Oct 16 2005 - 04:35:39 CDT