new to Oracle

From: News <news_connection_at_yahoo.fr>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 20:26:58 +0200

Hi! I use Oracle at home. I have 10g installed on windows XP and tried that from ORCL sample DB that contains SH schemas:

From sys as sysdba sqlplus session
SQL> create table sh.table_test (i integer);

now loggod on as SH from another sqlplus session SQL> insert into table_test values (1);

SQL> select * from table_test;

         1

now from sys session:
SQL> select * from sh.table_test;
no rows selected
why SYS cannot select from any table while he has this privilege as shown ?

SQL> SELECT grantee, admin_option FROM dba_sys_privs WHERE privilege = 'SELECT ANY TABLE';

GRANTEE                        ADM

------------------------------ ---
DBA YES SYS YES

.

now from sh session
SQL> grant select on table_test to sys;

now 1 row selected from sys session !

Again from sh session
SQL> revoke select on table_test from sys;

Still 1 row selected from sys session !!!!

From sh session
SQL> insert into table_test values (2);
SQL> select * from table_test;

         1
         2

From sys session 1 row selected. The second row inserted in invisible!!

Could anyone please explain this behavior? Received on Fri Oct 14 2005 - 13:26:58 CDT