PL/SQL versus stored procedures

From: <apngss_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 13 Oct 2005 22:15:44 -0700

I want to know what's the differences between PL/SQL and stored procedures,
the followings are my analysis, please comment and advise.

  1. PL/SQL is Oracle specific, stored procedures are supported in Oracle, MS-SQL Server, or other databases.
  2. PL/SQL has 2 types: procedures and functions
  3. PL/SQL procedure = stored procedure ??
  4. Oracle stored procedure and MS-SQL stored procedure have different syntax. I think they are slightly different, I could find the syntax for Oracle stored procedure, but not MS-SQL stored procedure. In other words, can we put MS-SQL stored procedure and put in Oracle without any changes?

Please advise. thanks!! Received on Fri Oct 14 2005 - 00:15:44 CDT