Re: MS Access, Oracle 9i, security, and pass-thru update queries

From: Tim Marshall <TIMMY!_at_PurplePandaChasers.Moertherium>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 19:39:07 -0230

DFS wrote:

> I use a mixture. I often create Oracle views and use them as linked tables.
> But I like the Access iif() better than the Oracle CASE WHEN END.

I prefer Case statements, myself. 8)

> Did you consider a Select-only ROLE? That's what I use sometimes.

Hmmm, I started with users when I began working on the Oracle app I manage. Haven't had a need to look at anything else.

>>Any and all action statements are done as per my example in my first
>>post.

> What do you do when you have datasheets that users need to update?

The same thing. The unfortunate thing about PTQ versus linked tables is that a PTQ Select is not updateable.

--
Tim   http://www.ucs.mun.ca/~tmarshal/
^o<