Re: Date format on SQL*Loader import

From: Andy Kent <andykent.bristol1095_at_virgin.net>
Date: 13 Oct 2005 09:28:17 -0700

Sorry. 9.2.0.1 on Windows XP.

Actually the problem was with the preceding (character in the input file) field, on which I had forgotten to tell it "OPTIONALLY ENCLOSED BY '"' ".

That column ("description" in the control file below) itself has problems: it has been defined as CLOB in the target database and I'm getting "Field in data file exceeds maximum length" if it's longer than
(very) roughly 80 characters in the source file.

What's the correct way to import into CLOBs where the data is in the main input file? I can't see it in the Utilities manual.

Thanks,
Andy

Control file:

LOAD DATA
INFILE 'action.txt'
BADFILE 'action.bad'
DISCARDFILE 'action.dsc'
TRUNCATE
INTO TABLE action FIELDS TERMINATED BY "," OPTIONALLY ENCLOSED BY '"'
(id,description,date_ DATE(20) "DD/MM/YYYY
HH:MI:SS",cleared,actionee,callreportno,client,opportunity,datedue,prospectno) Received on Thu Oct 13 2005 - 11:28:17 CDT