Re: long stored procedure, feedback to caller while running

From: Andreas Mosmann <keineemails_at_gmx.de>
Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2005 16:19:49 +0200

Andreas Mosmann schrieb am 08.10.2005 in
<1128776274.51_at_user.newsoffice.de>:

Would be a crazy way but should work:
<PSEUDOCODE>

Application:
  Create Sequence XY
    (XY has to be uniqe, so I would use another sequence to generate this)

  Thread1:
    NewSession;
    Call procedure with Sequencename XY as parameter     EndSession;

  Thread2:
    NewSession;
    NumberOfCalls:=0;
    while not finished Thread1 do

      ActualValue:=Sequence XY.NextVal;
      increment(NumberOfCalls);
      showmessage(ActualValue-NumberOfCalls+' records proceeded');
    loop while;
    EndSession;

  if finished Thread1:
    Drop sequence XY;
<PSEUDOCODE>

This way may work but looks strange to me. There must be a better way, isn't it?

Andreas

--
wenn email, dann AndreasMosmann <bei> web <punkt> de