SQL: Update a table with another

From: Andreas Mosmann <keineemails_at_gmx.de>
Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2005 10:36:01 +0200

Hi NG,

maybe it is too early in the morning ...

I have 2 tables [1]

TableA (1000 rows) : ColA, ColB, ColC
TableB (100 rows): ColD, ColE, ColF

and I want to update TableA for each rows, that TableA.ColA=TableB.ColD There should be 100 updates.

It is easy to select these rows

select
  ColA,ColB,ColC,ColE,ColF
from
  TableA
join
  TableB
on
  TableA.ColA=TableB.ColD

But in this moment I am unable to find a statement to update these rows in TableA.

Thanks in advance
Andreas

[1] the 100 rows of TableB contain the old values of TableA at the rows specified by ColD/ColA (PK)

--
wenn email, dann AndreasMosmann <bei> web <punkt> de