Re: What do Oracle professionals think of Fabian Pascal?

From: <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 4 Oct 2005 16:48:59 -0700

Paul wrote:

>At the risk of sounding stupid, what *_exactly_* does this query mean?

http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/appdev.102/b14261/sqloperations.htm#sthref1258

You don't sound stupid, but rownum and the top-N faq are basic knowledge for an Oracle person. The analytic function is relatively new, I confess I barely comprehended it before Daniel's link.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
http://beta.news.com.com/HP+to+ship+Netscape+browser+on+new+PCs/2100-1032_3-5887648.html?part=rss&tag=5887648&subj=news