Re: Grant Select on DBA Views

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: 4 Oct 2005 13:03:23 -0700

Boobie wrote:
> 10gR1 - just a play env.
>
> How can I grant SELECT on these views to non-DBA user ?
>
> DBA_COL_COMMENTS
> DBA_CONS_COLUMNS
> DBA_CONSTRAINTS
> DBA_DEPENDENCIES
> DBA_ERRORS DBA_IND_COLUMNS
> DBA_INDEXES
> DBA_JOBS
> DBA_JOBS_RUNNING DBA_OBJECTS
> DBA_SEQUENCES
> DBA_SOURCE
> DBA_SYNONYMS
> DBA_TAB_COLUMNS
> DBA_TABLES DBA_TRIGGERS
> DBA_VIEWS
>
> As DBA-user I get
>
> mighty_dba> grant select on DBA_COL_COMMENTS to notadba ;
>
> grant select on DBA_COL_COMMENTS to notadba
> ORA-01031: insufficient privileges

This is due to not being a SYSDBA when you attempt this:

SQL*Plus: Release 9.2.0.6.0 - Production on Tue Oct 4 19:52:11 2005

Copyright (c) 1982, 2002, Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.

SQL> connect / as sysdba
Connected.
SQL> grant select on dba_jobs to scott;

Grant succeeded.

SQL> A plain-vanilla DBA does not have the privilege to grant such access.

I won't ask WHY you feel the need to allow non-DBA users access to such DBA views.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Tue Oct 04 2005 - 15:03:23 CDT