Re: Too Many Cursors?

From: Helge Moulding <hmoulding_at_gmail.com>
Date: 4 Oct 2005 12:35:10 -0700

stephen O'D wrote:
> The reason you are getting too many open cursors, is because you have
> opened a cursor for every row of the query results - there is a setting
> in the init.ora that limits the number of open cursors.

Yup. That's what I guessed, but I was hoping there'd be a way to close the cursor for each row once it was returned. It's possible, but apparently not inside the query that is calling the function.

I ended up using a temporary table. Works well enough (i.e., I get the right answer quickly enough).

--
  Helge Moulding
  hmoulding at gmail dot com                 Just another guy