Re: Function w/o RETURN clause

From: HansF <News.Hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2005 18:34:06 GMT

On Sun, 02 Oct 2005 20:44:09 -0400, Boobie interested us by writing:

> "Dave"

>> a function has to return something

> Not according to 9i

Please distinguish between compile time and run time. Barbara provided sufficient proof (for me) that something needs to be returned at run time, even if the compiler lets it pass.

--
Hans Forbrich
mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com