Re: oemapp.bat (sql worksheet) not installed with Oracle 10

From: Jeff Kish <jeff.kish_at_mro.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2005 08:16:41 -0400

On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 10:16:26 -0400, Jeff Kish <jeff.kish_at_mro.com> wrote:

>On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 09:14:59 -0400, Jeff Kish <jeff.kish_at_mro.com> wrote:
>
>>Greetings.
>>
>>I admit I must be paying for may laziness -
>>I had an old Windows 2000 machine I had to install Oracle, so I got the
>>install zip files and installed the base install.

<snip>
>>Thanks
>ahh. I found a 'client' zip file in the install. Man, I guess that 'extras'
>zip/cd just installed a bunch of stuff I didn't really need, but the client cd
>had SQL Worksheet on it!
>
>Thanks and FYI!

being in a hurry does not pay.
I just ran the install and took the defaults. I found that since Oracle had been installed and deinstalled a bit, that there were several 'homes' to pick from.
I had to go back, uninstall the client cd and reinstall it into the home I had just installed the server into, otherwise some software just did not work. I actually had problems using both versions of sql plus after I at first, installed the sql plus into another oracle home (I guess you can't have two oracle homes at the same time.. sounds not right to me). cheers Received on Mon Oct 03 2005 - 07:16:41 CDT