Using Dataguard with HP San replication

From: <gmendonc_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 30 Sep 2005 06:23:08 -0700

We currently have a 3 node RAC dataguard setup running in max performance mode with one 3 node RAC remote dg standby. We have problems with the primary db hanging when too much redo is generated, the bandwidth is not enough to keep up with it. We use lgwr(on the remote mandatory dest.) in async mode with stanby redo logs on remote side to get redo over asap. So we are thinking about getting another large non-RAC server and San to mirror the primary db(currently on a san) and stop using lgwr to send redo to remote site. Then we could failover to local db when primary db goes down and since the san's would be mirrored we could break the mirror and continue running on local server db. My question is is there a way to continue running dg on local db once it's manually failed over from primary. In other words have the local db continue sending arch. logs to remote standby db? Any insight is appreciated. Received on Fri Sep 30 2005 - 08:23:08 CDT