Re: Understanding EXECUTE IMMEDIATE

From: Jason King <jhking_at_airmail.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 16:17:03 -0500

pbewig_at_swbell.net wrote:
> I can't restrict the client program to a single procedure name. I must
> pass the procedure name as a VARCHAR to be stored in the package and
> called when needed.

You're probably going to have to put this in a package, make the say_hello public and then execute immediate pkg_name.say_hello. For to do the argument part I'd probably do it is a bound var and make my e i something like this.
declare

    l_who VARCHAR2(10) := 'world' ;
BEGIN
    execute immediate 'my_package.say_hello( :who )' using l_who ; END; create package my_package
is

    procedure say_hello( ...
/
create package body my_package
is

    procedure say_hello( ... Received on Mon Sep 26 2005 - 16:17:03 CDT