dbms_job resubmitting itself

From: <daniel.ostertag_at_visaer.com>
Date: 26 Sep 2005 07:29:15 -0700

I have created an Oracle Job using the dbms_job.submit package. It is scheduled to run every night at midnight (trunc(sysdate+1) I am told is the midnight syntax), it is indeed running successfully every night at midnight, but it is also creating a new job, with a new job# each time it runs, leaving 2 identical jobs in the database each with identical specs.

Here is my job submit command:
interval := 'SYSDATE+1'; -- once a day dbms_job.submit(

   jobnum,'V_PURGE_LIC_DATA;',TRUNC(SYSDATE+1),interval);

What am I doing wrong? I've used this syntax before without problems, but never used the every night at midnight command.

Thanks,
Dan Received on Mon Sep 26 2005 - 09:29:15 CDT