extract Top Ten order by date

From: <ma.giorgi_at_gmail.com>
Date: 26 Sep 2005 02:03:18 -0700

Hello everybody!

I'm trying to extract the first ten or twenty records from a table ordering by date

the sql command is:

1 SELECT *
2 FROM (SELECT *

3         FROM (
4              SELECT a.*
5              FROM intradoc.article a
6              ORDER BY a.article_date
7              )
8        WHERE rownum < 20
9        )

this simple query should work but I receive the following error on line 6:
10:51:30 ORA-00907: missing right parenthesis

why??!!
I have tried also other simple subquery and if I put an ORDER BY instruction in the subquery I receive always this error just before the ORDER BY instruction

strange!??

I hope in your help!

Marco Received on Mon Sep 26 2005 - 04:03:18 CDT