Re: want to know the growth of my oracle database

From: HansF <News.Hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2005 20:39:34 GMT

On Sun, 25 Sep 2005 10:50:54 -0700, chennakeshava_ramesh interested us by writing:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to predict the growth of my database every month. Is there
> any tool or method which I can use to predict the growth.

Oracle Enterprise Manager's (OEM) optional Diagnostics Pack includes this functionality.

OEM is free with all versions of the database since 8.0, however the Diagnostics Pack does cost extra. Then again, you could write your own code to do the same thing, or figger the cost of Diagnostics Pack against the cost of writing, debugging and maintaining it yourself.

When posing questions like this, it is usually helpful to provide version of Oracle and operating system.

--
Hans Forbrich
mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com