Re: Getting error message during installation of Forms 6i

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 10:07:15 -0700

AHM wrote:

> I did'nt understand what u r trying to say.
> U r right XP not support forms 8i.
> But what can I do when regarding forms 6i on win2000
>
> thanks
>

> Sybrand Bakker wrote:
>

>>On 23 Sep 2005 22:30:11 -0700, "AHM" <r4656_at_hotmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>I am getting the following error when I was going to install forms 6i
>>>on Windows 2000 Professional:
>>>
>>>Error Information:
>>>
>>>rsf73.vrf(281): Unbound variable 'msg'
>>>

>>>Thanks
>>>

>>If I recall correctly, in that installation procedure 'rsf73' was
>>shorthand for 'Required Support Files 7.3'. With respect to sql*net
>>and other products Designer and Developer have always been one release
>>behind.
>>7.3 definitely isn't certified against XP
>>
>>I would advise you to refrain from top-posting if you want responses.
>>The only thing you need to do is hit 'Ctrl-end' before you start
>>typing. I assume that's not asked too much.
>>
>>--
>>Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

Two things AHM.

  1. Please stop top-posting. Thank you.
  2. I believe Sybrand's point was that your error message has nothing to do with Win2K or XP or Forms 6i. It is a reference to Oracle 7.3.

My recommendation would be to uninstall all Oracle software from the machine and start again.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org