Synchronizing inserted rows from Oracle Lite using Mobile Server

From: John <jflemingnj_at_gmail.com>
Date: 23 Sep 2005 11:56:16 -0700

Hello,

I am developing an application which acts as an offline mobile client for an online centralized database application. The client app is utilizing Oracle Lite 10g and will occasionally be synch'd up with the online database (Oracle 9i) using mobile server.

The client app has the ability to insert new rows into its local database which should then in turn be inserted into the central database upon synchronization. The problem that I am running into is how to handle sequence numbers for the primary key columns across the the databases. As there will be multiple versions of the client app floating around the sequence numbers will not be in synch.

Does mobile server have a specific way of handling this problem or do I need to create a home-grown work-around?

Thanks in advance for any help.

John Fleming
jflemingnj_at_gmail.com Received on Fri Sep 23 2005 - 13:56:16 CDT