Oracle client 10 on Citrix terminal server

From: Diego B. <diego.balgera.123.nospam_at_libero.it>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 16:44:51 GMT

Hi,

I'm trying to set up an Oracle client on a Citrix-based terminal server environment.

My environment:
- Citrix Metaframe XPe FP3 SP4 on Windows 2000 advanced server SP4

What I'm trying to do is connecting to a remote database using the Oracle client. So I installed the Oracle client and defined the tnsnames.ora file.

Now it's the time to execute sqlplus: everything works like a charm when I connect to the terminal server as administrator. But when I connect using a normal user the connection doesn't succeed: the sqlplus (after having given username, password and host string) closes its window immediately, without giving to me the possibility to read the Oracle error number (which I see do appears but too shortly).

Other applications (like Toad) again work when I connect to the terminal server as administrator, but show a more generic error ("Can't initialize OCI; Error -1).

So, something is missing and I'm trying to figure out what. Any tip to solve my problem? Thank you in advance for every possible suggestion!

Diego. Received on Fri Sep 23 2005 - 11:44:51 CDT