Re: where to download SQL*Net

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 06:42:34 +0200

On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 04:25:07 GMT, harryooopotter_at_hotmail.co_ (Harry) wrote:

>I didn't want to install the big piece of Oracle Client from
>the Oracle 8i CD. So I went to Oracle web site, looked for SQL*Net
>but found nothing.
>
>Can anyone give me a pointer where I can get SQL*Net to download.
>
>TIA
First of all: 8i is desupported, so you can't download it anymore Secondly: installing sql*net would also install the Required Support Files. There is not much outside sql*net and the RSF in the client. If you want to continue to us discontinued software, just install the client. You won't find a separate download of Sql*net anywhere.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA